Sunday, May 25, 2008

Typhoon Cosme

The province where I work was hit by Typhoon Cosme more than a week ago. Properties were destroyed. It seemed like a nightmare. I was still blessed that day for I went home early. I should have been stranded at Pangasinan if I went home two hours later. Thanks to the concert of Bukaspalad Music Ministry at Don Bosco Tarlac.

I have no idea what has happened that night for we are at the gym enjoying the concert. All I know is that there has been two-time power failure during the concert. After the concert, all is calm outside except that the soft rain kept on pouring.

As I arrived Monday morning at the plant, I was surprised to see our warehouse—its skylights were stripped off by strong winds. The materials stored are affected. We declared around P7M damages in finished goods. I cannot remember the declared damages on infrastructure.

What alarmed me is that the typhoon has been an avenue of sin instead of an avenue to call God. Just to save the boat from sinking, here come the people to do the wrong thing.

For I am a follower of St. Josemaria’s teachings that I have to find heaven through the sanctification of work, I cannot take what they insist to do. Yet I have no choice to go with the flow.

I’m sorry that story I cannot write in detail.

No comments: