Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The first flower offered to the Lady


14 May 2008

I went to Manaoag yesterday after my duty to celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. Of course, I was alone, being alone in a trip like this is no longer new to me; at least I am happy. I had a strong feeling that something good might happen this day. By the way, the Shrine of Our Lady of Manaoag is just 30-45 minute drive from my workplace.

It was three in the afternoon when I left my workplace but I had a hard time to wait for the jeep going there. It was four when I got a ride.

At 4:30, I was there. Unfortunately, there was no Mass. At first, I thought that my pilgrimage is a trash but my intention is of greater value. I said the famous formula for spiritual communion and rushed to Urdaneta for the 5pm Mass.

It was ten minutes before five when the tricycle left Manaoag. I was late in my precious Mass.

I was surprised when after the Mass, an old woman handed me santan flowers to offer to the image of Our Lady. Naturally at first, I was hesitant whether to accept it or just ignore. I decided to chose the first. The crowd sang the Salve Regina as one by oen offered their flowers.

As far as my memory can recall, this is the first time I offered a tangible flowers to Our Lady (because most of the time I offer spiritual boquets). It is cute to think that my first time is a santan flower--a simple, ordinary flower. But I know and I believe, my flowers is the most beautiful of them all because I offered it with humility and devotion.

The thought of something good will happen to me yesterday was made possible with my Spiritual Mother.

I went home with peace.