Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hillsong United Live 2008 at Manila



It’s been a week ago when I come to attend a Concert-Worship of Hillsong United at the Araneta Coliseum (May 26, 2008) and yet I can still feel the excitement. It was the best worship I ever had outside the Eucharistic Celebration for Catholics.

With my friend Kath, we left Tarlac at 1 pm for the concert. As early as 4 pm, people from all directions started to queue for the 8pm worship. It was nice to have a friend who cautioned me to arrive early or else, we will not get a good seat for the worship.

I have missed the November 2006 concert and resolved to arrange my schedule early so as attend. I bought a ticket for two last April 30. Supposedly, I will buy tickets with reserved seat number but all are already taken out so I only got Upper B.

The worship started around 8:05 pm with the reading of Isaiah 53 (if I’m not mistaken).

It is very edifying to realize the youth of the Philippines from different Christian Churches are united as one for the worship and the love of Christ.

Despite of the division caused by different beliefs and principles when it comes to religion, it is consoling to witness the crowd of around 15,000 singing in one voice and dancing in unison in worship and adoration with the Almighty. I have seen the face of Jesus smiling over the Philippines that night.

The worship lasted for almost three hours. I felt to have a sore throat after the worship and my feet were also in pain after a long time but it’s all worth it because I know Jesus is very happy that night.

I hope someday, the concert-worship shall be done in the open grounds so that the whole world may witness how crazy the Filipino people for Jesus.

1 comment:

A kat with a cut said...

"i was there"ehe..yup grabe ang crowd that night noh?were all crazy for God!astig